Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Musical Wears

What have I been up to lately? Well besides getting awkward tan lines on my lunch breaks and online window shopping all the beautiful crap I can't afford, I've been replaying the same two artists' music videos over and over again.

First I discovered VV Brown's "Shark in the Water," which not only sounds amazing, but the music video is incredibly aesthetically pleasing. She is probably just about the cutest thing ever in her pompadour, floral romper, and vintage looking bow veil headpiece. Even everything from the quaint little coffee shop to the polaroids to the antique radio. Gah. I just can't stop watching/listening!



Her other songs are just as amazing, but her other music video that I'm just as obsessed with is for "Crying Blood." That black and white mini sequined shift dress paired with her cute as hell dance moves? Seriously, could it get any better?



Then I came across Janelle Monae's "Tightrope" video. Holy crap. Talk about fancy footwork! I want to dance in those shoes with those people SO BAD. Janelle is so freaking pretty, making her androgynous attire contrast in the most amazing way. And her shoes! Oh my goodness, her shoes. Asymmetrical oxfords that let you slide around like that are pretty much perfection in my book. I've always said, if you aren't moving your feet, you aren't dancin'! The moves and style and personality in this video are just so killer. Not to mention her voice. So good. AND I just realized I could have had the chance to dance with her!! We were both at the MTVU Woodie Awards Afterparty, and she was up on stage with the DJ dancing her little butt off, while I was on the dance floor with everyone else. She didn't stay for very long, or else I might've gotten the courage to jump up there with her! She was just as stunning as always, clad in a cape with her signature poof and huge smile. At the time I had no idea who she was, although I knew she had to be somebody since she was in the VIP section and up for an award. I didn't think about her again until this music video was brought to my attention. And thank goodness it was!

1 comment:

Spikes said...

Aw, Thank you so much for stopping by the blog. I'm glad you like it. My friend and I are planning to go to VV's show too...so if you can't find anyone to go with you we'll be there! Keep in touch =)

Erin

Related Posts with Thumbnails