Monday, April 12, 2010

Sun Kissed


So in the name of summer right around the corner, and the fact that the photo below just popped up randomly on my friend's tumblr, I have decided to make a post about swimsuits. The aforementioned photo was taken at an outdoor concert last summer. I don't remember the stranger who took the picture, and pretty much forgot all about that day until one of my good friends told me it came up on her tumblr feed. And the girl who posted it is from L.A.? So who knows where my kiss covered chest has been. Ah well, here it is now!
Wearing: Kissy one-piece, Brooklyn Flea Market, $10. Acid wash shorts, Goodwill (Florida), $3.
I was so excited when I found this swimsuit thing with kisses all over it.
I even haggled the girl at the flea market down half the price! The shorts are another one of my favorite finds. Although they have these awesomely tacky neon spandex bike short things sewn into them that I always hike up so they aren't visible. I still haven't had the guts to wear them pulled down. Although they are pretty fun to pull out at parties and confuse the crap out of people with. :)

So if you aren't into jumping into someone else's spandex, here is another alternative to finding your perfect beach wear. Design your own! This was the second bathing suit I've made. It's supposed to be inspired by the tuxedo with the collar, cummerbund, and black/white combo. Although, here's a quick tip: If you actually have boobs, you probably should not make the neckline go all the way down to your navel, unless you want to flash the entire ocean. Needless to say, I have to wear a bandeau top underneath mine...which I learned about the hard way. The hat I'm wearing is part of my vintage faux floral headdress collection. I'm pretty obsessed with those. Completely impractical, but so much fun!

Speaking of designing your own swimsuit!
Here is what my amazing friend Sarah Culbreth designed and made from scratch. Not only is she incredibly talented, but she's also super cute to boot! More from her magical fingers to come in future blog ramblings for sure.
Your pictures and fotos in a slideshow on MySpace, eBay, Facebook or your website!view all pictures of this slideshow


Ok, so say you you aren't quite as gifted as Ms. Culbreth in the sewing department? Don't fret, there are still more options. How about a SALE? Everyone likes a sale, right? High quality designer threads for CHEAP(ER)? Hello! Here are a few of my favorites from Bluefly's extensive selection.

Salinas Swimwear Polkadot Bikini

Still not convinced? How about some retro looking ones without the fear or hassle of thrifting?

Urban Outfitters has some cuties...

Ruffled Halter Bikini


Or if you are willing to shell a whole lot more outcha' pocket for a whole lot more cute, try Anthropologie's incredible selection!


And last, but certainly not least, my favorite!
Classy AND wet? Hell yeah!
To-The-Nines Maillot

And then there's this...
Is it just me, or are bronzed boobs a little pointless if you have pale triangles and lines scattered across your entire body...? My point is, most people go topless so they won't have tan lines up there. But what is the point, if you still get weird tan tines everywhere else with this design? Unless you just have really perky awesome tits and want to make everyone else at the beach have super low self esteem and/or boners. Then I guess it's perfect!


Happy hunting, and I hope this helped!

1 comment:

Martina said...

I have the same VS swimsuit:).

Related Posts with Thumbnails