Thursday, May 20, 2010

wheels a fortune

Is it bad that I really want this bicycle I just designed with the Urban Outfitters "Build A Bike" website? I admittedly know nothing about bikes, but I do know that I love my color choice, that retro looking frame, and oh my goodness, would you look at that two-tone seat! Gah. I also know that $399 is so far out of my price range, it'd take me at least ten years on this bicycle to get there.

Urban also sells baskets
which I would fill up with all sort of useful things like 
flowers, sandwiches, a boombox, and kittens.

Or of course I could always DIY this thang. I'm sure I have some antlers and a few cans of gold spray paint hangin' around somewhere. Although, I imagine a ride on this could get pretty painful, not only for my phalanges, but also for the rest of the world, considering how many pedestrians I am bound to run into.

So for now I suppose I will just stick to watching cutesy homemade vintage music videos of songs about bicycles and roller skates. Ah, roller skates! A cheaper, easier way to plant my face into the pavement. If only I had more balance, athletic abilities, and/or muscle mass. I could have been so cute this summer.


Ah well, all is not lost! I can still invest in these adorable little vintage bicycle inspired trinkets. And dreams! I still have my dreams! Eh? Eh? Eh.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails