Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Cruisin' for a Boozin'


"Celeste Cerro is on her way to a free Deer Tick concert on a booze cruise wearing a nautical themed jumper."

This vintage jumper has been one of my favorite finds, but I could never decide what to wear it with without looking too themed or resembling a small child. Well, the perfect occasion finally came along to test it out. My boyfriend is the tour manager and brother/friend of the band Deer Tick, who I have recently become a huge fan of (the boys and their music). Monday night they played a private surprise birthday party on a yacht with musician and friend Jonny Corndawg, which I was lucky enough to witness. So my friend and I decided to dress up for the occasion, since we are both from Florida and miss the shit out of bodies of water and boats. She had already planned to wear the adorable new yarn trimmed sailor dress she just made, and so I went home to decide how I could follow suit. I had totally forgotten about this little jumper, since I basically haven't ever worn it since...well, ever? But as I was going through my many hoarded closet gems, the second I saw it, I knew it was the one. But what would I pair it with, without looking five years old or being too matchy? I finally went with this black bustier swimsuit top by Proenza Schouler for Target that I thrifted a while ago, and my beat up vintage oxfords with my pinky toe sticking out. I couldn't decide on any jewelry because it either clashed with the anchors, or made it match to the point of costume, so I just didn't wear any.









Vintage nautical jumper, The Other Side Vintage in Florida; Bustier swimsuit top, thrifted, Proenza Schouler for Target; Vintage cut-out oxfords, thrifted forever ago in Florida; Vintage quilted & chain purse, Goodwill in Florida. Haha, I just realized apparently I bought everything in Florida that I was wearing to pay homage to Florida. How appropriate!


Here are some photos from the night by Tracy Allison via Brooklyn Vegan:
 
Me in my nautical gear laughing at Jonny Corndawg's sweet dance moves along to the tunes of Deer Tick while circling the Statue of Liberty on a cruise full of booze (and cola). :)

The boy (Mike) and Corndawg. :)

And it looks like my friend and I weren't the only ones who decided to get boat cruise chic! Look at how festive the Deer Tick dudes were lookin'!

John decked out in his straw cabana hat...


Ian (Mike's brother) got leiddddd!



Chris in a fitting sailor's cap.



And Dennis rockin' out in shades!



Oh yeah, and then there's this guy.
I think he was the only one who beat us in the "festive" department.


The boat



Our view. :)



But yeah, you should check out Deer Tick & Jonny.
They are great dudes and amazing musicians.
    

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails